Yesterday, I mentioned my DIY workout tops that my sister and I made over the weekend. Here’s a few that I did!
The best part – All you need is scissors and an old t-shirt to cut up .
Blogilates had this awesome graphic that shows hoe to do everything, so I thought I’d show you!
Photo via here
- Cut all of the seams from the t-shirt and remove the sleeves. To make sure each side is even, I cut one sleeve off, then folded the t-shirt in half and traced the cut.
- Make sure to cute the sleeves how low you want them.
- Flip over the shirt and cut a racerback style (only on the back – be careful of this) and cut a “pizza shape at the top (back of the neck) so it looks more like straps.
- With the seam from the bottom the shirt, Snip one side so that it is no longer a circle, but a string.
- Remove the stitched side of the seam from the folded side
- And stretch!
- Tie a double knot around the racerback with the piece you just stretched and twist the string down as far as you want the racerback to go.
- End with another double knot and snip the ends of the string.
- Cut the bottom in a style you like! I did two “high-low” style tops (higher in the front and longer in the back) and I did one baseball style top.
Hopefully you’ll try this! If you want more DIY ideas let me know in the comments below!